Hire Agreement and Charges
- Hirers and their participants must arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before their booked time.£
- All activities must end at the agreed time. All guests must vacate the premises promptly and quietly. Failure to adhere to this requirement will attract a surcharge for any time spent after the 10 minutes grace period given. An overstay charge of £85ph for Community Hall and £100ph for the Well Hall will be applied for any time spent on the premises after the grace period – up to a maximum of 50 minutes.
- Unless otherwise stated, all quotes will be inclusive of the use of the kitchen, tables/chairs as available, pre-event set up of tables and chairs if required and disposal of refuse as well as post-event cleaning. The hirer must bag up all refuse appropriately (i. paper & card; ii. glass, cans & plastic bottles; iii. food waste & disposable plates etc) as well as stack chairs & tables as directed by the Duty Manager – failure to adhere to these terms will attract a surcharge of £30 and £25 respectively.
- The number of people attending the event must not exceed the maximum capacity of the venue.
- If the Hirer requires the use of live or recorded music or amplification, it will be the Hirer’s responsibility to apply to the Performing Rights Society (PRS) which issues licences for live music played from sheet music and/or Phonographic Performance Ltd (PPL) which issues licences for playing recorded music in public.
- Only changes requested in writing to the Admin Team, no less than 10 days before an event will be considered. Any changes applied will be at the discretion of the management team. Vocal requests, by telephone or in person, less than 10 day to an event cannot be guaranteed.
- It is expected that Hirers will be fully aware of the correct use of the hired facility and any equipment, and that they undertake to use them only for their intended purpose.
- Permission must be obtained beforehand for any electrical equipment the Hirer wishes to use on the premises and should have a PAT (Portable Appliance Test) certificate, under Health & Safety Regulations.
- Any damage incurred to the premises, property or equipment must be reported immediately to the Duty Manager – later discovery by the Duty Manager will incur a penalty charge.
- Hirers may not make any alterations to the venue nor use irremovable double stick tape, Blue Tack or nails to secure decorations. Regular cello-tape may be used. Undue damages will be charged to the hirer. Anything applied to the walls must be removed by the hirer.
- The Managers, Top Links Connect Ltd & Praise House, expects a good standard of behaviour to be maintained whilst using the facilities - abusive behaviour to our staff will not be tolerated and will result in immediate termination of the hire agreement. Refunds will be at the discretion of the management team.
- Public Order. The Hirer should not permit anything to be said or done in/around the premises which would be a breach of public law or order or breach of the peace or which might injure the reputation of The Well Function Halls, or the immediate area.
- The Client shall not do/permit anything to be done that would invoke the insurance policy of the Canterbury Road Partnership organisations.
- Please note that all Venue Fees are non-refundable 60 days prior to an event.
- 61 or more days prior to event - 50% Refund of Venue Fee + Full Refundable Deposit
- The deposit and venue payments will be applied solely towards the cost of hiring the venue inclusive of chairs and tables if required. Other services or facilities required will be at additional cost.
- Any further consideration for refunds will be at the discretion of the management
Termination & Indemnities
- The Well Function Halls, TLC Ltd & Praise House shall not be liable for any loss or damage to property owned by or in the custody of the Hirer or its guests, employees, agents or others – including Parking. The Hirer is advised to arrange adequate public liability insurance cover and provide their own First Aid.
- The Well Function Halls, TLC Ltd & Praise House will not be liable for failure to comply with any terms or conditions of this contract to the extent such compliance is prevented, hindered or delayed by any cause beyond its control including but not limited to fire, storm, explosion, flood, Act of God, action of any Government agency, shortage of materials or goods, community unrest, strike or lock-out.
- The Hirer is personally responsible for safeguarding the premises and its contents during the time booked and accepts responsibility for all expenses incurred by the Well Function Halls, TLC Ltd & Praise House as a consequence of any damage.
- Corporate Packages (Teas/Coffee Service, Projector & Screen, Venue Styling Packages as well as ‘For Hire’ supplies (Chair Covers, Tablecloths, Chair Sashes etc) for DIY Venue Styling, Catering & Buffet Service and Dinner Service Package (supply, lay & clear plates,cutlery, glasses etc). Please discuss all your needs with us, we would be happy to help.
*Terms Apply 1 ...any recorded music being played...when there is an audience entirely of friends and/or family (such as at a private family party) does not require a PPL licence. We suggest you contact PPL licensing customer services team firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for advice from PRS